Provisional Presidential Decrees
562 of 3.20.2012
• Authorizes the direct transfer of Federal funds to states to support the Articulated Actions Plan (PAR), with the aim to promote the improvement of public basic education.
• Amends the Fundeb Law so as to enable the counting of enrolments by rotation in family centers of education.
570 of 5.14.2012
• Expands the Family Grant Program by establishing the variable benefit for overcoming extreme poverty in early childhood, aimed at families with at least one child 0-6 years old.
• Authorizes the transfer of Federal funds to municipalities and the Federal District for the purpose of increasing the supply of early childhood education in public education establishments, or community, religious or philanthropic nonprofit institutions.
• Authorizes an additional transfer of Federal funds for assistance in day care centers of children 0-48 months registered in the School Census, whose families are beneficiaries of the Family Grant Program.
12603 of 4.3.2012
• Amends the Law on Guidelines and Basis of National Education for the benefit of distance education, by reducing the costs of means of communication explored by government authorization, concession or permission.
12608 of 4.10.2012
• Establishes the National Protection and Civil Defense Law (PNPDEC) on prevention, mitigation, preparation, response, and recovery actions aimed at civil defense.
• Provides for the National Protection and Civil Defense System (SINPDEC) and for the National and Civil Defense Council (CONPDEC).
12650 of 5.17.2012
• Amends the Penal Code, establishing that in crimes against the sexual dignity of children and adolescents the status of limitation shall start on the date the victim turns 18 years old.
12653 of 5.28.2012
• Amends the Penal Code to typify as crime the act of conditioning emergency medical-hospital care on any guarantee or on the previous completion of any administrative form.
• Determines that health facilities providing emergency medical-hospital care shall be obliged to post in a visible location a sign explaining that conditioning care on a financial guarantee or the completion of a form is a crime.
12654 of 5.28.2012
• Amends Laws 12037 of October 1st, 2009 and 7210 of July 11, 1984 – Criminal Law Enforcement, by determining the collection of genetic profile as a means of criminal identification.
12662 of 6.5.2012
• Ensures nationwide validity to the Live Birth Certificate (DNV) as an instrument to develop public policies and register births.
• Amends Law 6015 of December 31, 1973 by determining that birth maps submitted quarterly to IBGE by civil registry officials shall contain the identification number of the DNV, for the purpose of promoting the integration of information provided by public agencies and the active search of births.
12663 of 6.5.2012
• General Cup Law: provides for measures related to the FIFA 2013 Confederations Cup, the FIFA 2014 World Cup and the 2013 World Youth Journey.
7721 of 4.16.2012
• Conditions the payment of unemployment insurance on proof of the worker’s enrolment in and attendance of initial and continued training or professional qualification courses with a minimum duration of 160 hours under Pronatec.
7723 of 5.4.2012
• Extends the term of the compulsory licensing, on behalf of public interest, of patents related to the antiretroviral Efavirenz for non-commercial public use (free distribution by SUS under the National STD/HIV Program).
7724 of 5.16.2012
• Regulates the Law on Access to Information within direct administration agencies, independent government bodies (autarquias), public foundations, public companies, joint stock companies and other entities controlled directly or indirectly by the Federal Government, and establishes rules for advertising information on private nonprofits that receive public funds.
7747 of 6.5.2012
• Establishes the National Policy for the Territorial and Environmental Management of Indigenous Lands (PNGATI).
7758 of 6.15.2012
• Amends Decree 5209 of September 17, 2004, which regulates Law 10836 of January 9, 2004 that established the Family Grant Program, regarding the benefit for overcoming extreme poverty in early childhood.
• Establishes the National Permanent Dialogue Table on the Improvement of Working Conditions in the Construction Industry, of tripartite and parity composition, with the aim to disseminate the national commitment to improve working conditions in the construction industry as well as to monitor and evaluate compliance thereof.
• Declares of public and social interest the private document collection of educator Paulo Reglus Neves Freire.
• Establishes the Integrated Management Committee of Health Care and Food Security Actions for the Indigenous Population, with the aim to promote coordination among Federal Government entities and agencies for the indigenous population, as well as to support and monitor the implementation of these actions.
• Approves the administrative demarcation of the Indigenous Land Santa Cruz da Nova Aliança, located in the municipality of Tonantins, state of Amazonas.
• Approves the administrative demarcation of the Indigenous Land Matintin, located in the municipalities of Santo Antônio do Içá and Tonantins, state of Amazonas.
• Approves the administrative demarcation of the Indigenous Land Tenharim Marmelos - Lot B, located in the municipalities of Humaitá and Manicoré, state of Amazonas.
• Approves the administrative demarcation of the Indigenous Land Riozinho do Alto Envira, located in the municipalities of Feijó and Santa Rosa do Purus, state of Acre.
• Approves the administrative demarcation of the Indigenous Land Xipáya, located in the municipality of Altamira, state of Pará.
• Convenes the 3rd Global Conference on Child Labor.