Economic and financial
Provisional Presidential Decrees
561 of 3.8.2012
• Expands the authorization and extends the term of the subsidy for companies and rural producers in municipalities affected by natural disasters declared in a state of emergency or public calamity recognized by the Federal Executive branch.
• Amends the Law on the compulsory transfer of financial resources to implement actions under the Growth Acceleration Program - PAC, in order to establish rules for the allocation of resources to basic sanitation services.
• Amends the rules of the Growth Acceleration Program - PAC as regards:
- increasing the possibilities for exempting beneficiaries from financial participation in PAC-related-operations, in addition to that intended for assistance to families that lost their only property in cases of natural disasters;
- increasing the family income limit for the inclusion of families assisted by the Program for having been removed due to PAC projects, calamity, or other operations of the Federal Government;
- improve its operation through the Residential Lease Fund (FAR), which now has its assets divided into quotas.
563 of 4.3.2012
• Establishes the National Program of Support for Oncological Care (PRONON).
• Establishes the National Program of Support for the Health Care of Persons with Disabilities (PRONAS/PCD).
• Reestablishes the One Computer Per Student Program (PROUCA).
• Establishes the Special regime of Incentive to Computers for Educational Use (REICOMP).
• Establishes the Special Tax Regime of the National Broadband Program for the Implementation of Telecommunications Networks (REPNBL-Redes).
• Establishes the Program of Incentive to Technological Innovation and Improvement of the Motor Vehicle Production Chain (INOVAR-AUTO).
• Amends the social security contribution system for companies in various segments.
564 of 4.3.2012
• Extends the term of the Investment Support Program (PSI).
• Extends the term of the BNDES Revitalize Program.
• Establishes the Brazilian Agency for the Management of Funds and Guarantees S.A. (ABGF).
565 of 4.24.2012
• Establishes credit lines with resources from the Constitutional Funds for the Financing of the North, Northeast and Central-West to meet the needs of rural producers and businesses in municipalities affected by natural disasters declared in a state of emergency of public calamity recognized by the Federal Executive Branch.
567 of 5.3.2012
• Amends the rules for Savings Accounts.
571 of 5.25.2012
• Amends Law 12,651 of May 25, 2012 – Forest Code, to fill gaps and better adjust it to the Brazilian constitutional context.
12597 of 3.22.2012
• Establishes the provision of R$ 1.95 billion by the Federal Government to states, the Federal District and municipalities to promote exports.
12598 of 3.22.2012
• Establishes special rule for the purchase, commissioning and development of defense products and systems.
12599 of 3.23.2012
• Establishes the Cinema Close to You (Cinema Perto de Você) Program, aimed to expand, diversify and decentralize the cinema market in Brazil.
• Establishes the Special Tax Regime for the Development of the Movie Industry (Recine).
• Amends the taxation of PIS/COFINS in the coffee production chain.
12613 of 4.18.2012
• Directs deposits raised by financial institutions towards credit operations intended for low-income populations, purchase of assistive technology goods and services for people with disabilities.
• Authorizes the granting of economic subsidy to financial institutions in funding transactions for the acquisition by individuals of assistive technology goods and services intended for people with disabilities.
12618 of 4.30.2012
• Establishes the complementary pension regime for federal civil servants.
12651 of 5.25.2012
• New Forest Code.
• Establishes the limits of Areas of Permanent Preservation and the legal environmental protection regime thereof.
• Establishes the limits of the Legal Reserve and the legal environmental protection regime thereof;
• Establishes the Rural Environmental Registry, a nationwide electronic public registry of mandatory use for all rural properties.
• Restores the rural consolidated areas and regime thereof.
12655 of 5.30.2012
• Increases the limit of the commercial value of residential units under the My House, My Life Program for the purpose of reviewing projects for the incorporation of properties as assets of social interest.
• Reduces to zero the PIS/COFINS tax rate on cheese and pasta.
12666 of 6.14.2012
• Authorizes the Federal Government to provide economic subsidies to financial institutions for contracting and monitoring operations related to oriented productive microcredit as well as for financing operations for the storage of ethanol fuel.
7698 of 3.9.2012
• Amends item XXII, Article 15 A of Decree 6,306 of December 14, 2007, not provided for in Decree 7,683 of 2.29.2012. 7699 of 3.15.2012
• Amends the rules of Tax on Credit, Exchange and Insurance Transactions or related to Bonds and Securities (IOF).
7705 of 3.25.2012
• Reduces the IPI (Tax on Industrialized Products) for products specified in the Law.
7708 of 4.2.2012
• Establishes the Brazilian Nomenclature for Services, Intangible Goods and Other Operations that Produce Equity Variations (NBS).
7709 of 4.3.2012
• Establishes the application of margins of preference for domestic products in biddings carried out within the Federal Public Administration for the purchase of backhoes and motor graders.
7710 of 4.3.2012
• Regulates the granting of interest rates equalization supported by the Export Financing Program (PROEX).
7711 of 4.3.2012
• Establishes the Tripartite Commission for the Monitoring and Evaluation of Tax Exemption on Payroll.
7713 of 4.3.2012
• Establishes the application of margins of preference for domestic products in biddings carried out within the Federal Public Administration for the purchase of drugs and medicines.
7715 of 4.3.2012
• Updates the regulation of the Digital Inclusion Program (Programa de Inclusão Digital).
7716 of 4.3.2012
• Regulates the Program of Incentive to Technological Innovation and Improvement of the Motor Vehicle Production Chain (INOVAR-AUTO).
7725 of 5.21.2012
• Reduces the IPI rate for automotive vehicles.
7726 of 5.21.2012
• Amends the tax rate on Credit, Exchange and Insurance Transactions or related to Bonds and Securities (IOF) for the financing of automotive vehicles.
7728 of 5.24.2012
• Authorizes the National Monetary Council (CMN) to establish credit lines with compliance bonus under the National Program for Strengthening Family Agriculture (Pronaf).
7729 of 5.25.2012
• Regulates the Cinema Close to You Program.
• Establishes rules for the Special Tax Regime for the Development of the Movie Industry (Recine).
7741 of 5.30.2012
• Changes the IPI rate for air conditioners, microwave ovens and motorcycles.
7742 of 5.30.2012
• Updates the tax levied on cold beverages.
7750 of 6.8.2012
• Regulates the One Computer per Student Program (PROUCA) and the Special Regime of Incentive to Computers for Educational Use (REICOMP).
7751 of 6.13.2012
• Reduces the term of incidence of the 6% IOF tax rate from five to two years in exchange transactions for the inflow of funds to the country related to foreign loans.
7756 of 6.14.2012
• Establishes the application of margins of preference for domestic products in biddings carried out within the Federal Public Administration for the purchase of apparel, footwear and artifacts.
7764 of 6.22.2012
• Reduces the rate of the Contribution for Intervention in the Economic Domain (CIDE) levied on the import and sale of oil and derivatives, natural gas and derivatives and ethanol fuel.
7767 of 6.27.2012
• Establishes the application of margins of preference for domestic products in biddings carried out within the Federal Public Administration for the purchase of medical products for the purposes provided for in Art. 3, Law 8,666 of June 21, 1993.
7768 of 6.27.2012
• Defines the reduction rate of the contribution for PIS/PASEP and the Contribution for Social Security Financing (COFINS) levied on the production and sale of biodiesel as well as the terms and conditions for the use of differentiated rates.
7770 of 6.28.2012
• Extends by two months the reduction in IPI rates for white line appliances (stove, refrigerator, washing machine and wash tubs) and by three months the exemption on furniture, PET laminates, lamps and wallpaper.
• Expands the Descobrimento National Park in the municipality of Prado, State of Bahia, among other provisions.
• Expands the limits of the National Forest of Goytacazes in the municipality of Linhares, state of Espírito Santo, among other provisions.
• Provides for the expansion and objectives of the Araripe-Apodi National Forest in the municipality of Barbalha, state of Ceará.
• Creates the Furna Feia National Park in the municipalities of Baraúna and Mossoró, state of Rio Grande do Norte.
• Creates the Bom Jesus Biological Reserve in the municipalities of Antonina, Guaraqueçaba and Paranaguá, state of Paraná.
• Establishes the Processing and Export Zone (ZPE) in the municipality of Uberaba, state of Minas Gerais.