FIFA 2014 World Cup

por Portal do Planalto publicado 12/11/2012 17h08, última modificação 25/02/2013 15h52
Civil works moving at an appropriate pace, general World Cup Law sanctioned and tourism professionals being trained

Preparations for the World Cup
Civil works moving at an appropriate pace, general World Cup Law sanctioned and tourism professionals being trained

ASSESSMENT OF CIVIL WORKS FOR THE WORLD CUP
Civil works in stadiums, airports, ports and urban mobility infrastructure are underway. In addition, professionals from various tourism sectors are being trained, so as to ensure quality services to tourists, both domestic and foreign.

Status of Projects – 101 projects are being implemented in the 12 host cities of the FIFA 2014 World Cup. Five have been completed: the passenger terminals of the airports of Cuiabá, Porto Alegre, Guarulhos and Campinas and the runway and yard in Guarulhos Airport.

Stadiums
Works are in progress in the 12 stadiums, generating about 12,000 direct jobs. Seven will be concluded by February 2013, six of which will be used for the Confederations Cup. The others will be completed by December 2013. Funds worth R$ 1 billion have already been transferred to the eight stadiums being financed by BNDES.

Urban Mobility
Infrastructure works are in progress in nine cities. More than half of the 51 projects planned are underway. Another 14% for which the bidding process has been completed are awaiting the beginning of civil works.

By December 2013, works will be completed in more than 80% of the projects. The remaining 20% should be completed in the first half of 2014.

Airports
All airport projects will be concluded in time for the World Cup; 85% of the works will be completed by December 2013 and the remainder by the first half of 2014.

Ports
Works have been planned for seven ports, including the remodeling and construction of maritime passenger terminals and the expansion and construction of docks, with a view to improving the physical infrastructure of the facilities. Works are already underway in four of these ports and should be completed by November 2013. Two others are under bidding and one is in the project preparation phase.

PRONATEC CUP
Registrations are open for more than 40,000 places in courses under the National Program for Access to Technical Education and Employment (Programa Nacional de Acesso ao Ensino Técnico e ao Emprego - Pronatec Cup) for workers in the host cities of the Confederations Cup to be held in 2013. Registrations for the Pronatec Cup will be open twice a year, with 40,000 places each time. By 2014, 240,000 workers will have been trained in 29 technical courses, in two foreign languages and in the Brazilian Sign Language. For more information, please visit www.pronateccopa.turismo.gov.br.

TAX RELIEF TO SUPPORT SPORTS
The import of sporting equipment and supplies aimed at competitions in the Olympic, Paralympic, Pan American, Parapan American, national and world games is exempt from the Tax on Industrialized Products (Imposto sobre Produtos Industrializados - IPI).

The exemption will be effective until 2015 for equipment to train and prepare Brazilian athletes and teams, where there is no national equivalent.

LONDON 2012 OLYMPICS
London will be hosting the 2012 Olympics from July 27 to August 12, and the 2012 Paralympic Games from August 29 to September 9.

The Brazilian delegations for the two competitions include:

Olympic Games: 259 athletes (136 men and 123 women) in 32 events.

Paralympic Games: 182 athletes.

Among the athletes that make up the delegations there are a significant number of beneficiaries of the Athlete Sponsorship Program (Bolsa Atleta), which provides individual Federal Government support through monthly grants:

• Olympic Games: 111 athletes (43%).

Paralympic Games: 156 athletes (85%).

GENERAL CUP LAW
Sanctioned in June 2012, the law regulates the guarantees provided by the Brazilian government to the International Football Federation (FIFA) for hosting the 2013 Confederations Cup and the 2014 World Cup.

Among other things, the law provides for:

• Popular and half-price tickets: 300,000 popular tickets (Category 4), for students, beneficiaries of income transfer programs and the elderly. The law protects the Statute of the Elderly by guaranteeing half-price tickets for people over 60 years old in the other three ticket categories.

• Persons with disabilities: establishes a quota of 1% of the total number of tickets in suitable seats.

• Entry Visa: provides for the easy entry into the country of tourists holding tickets for the games.

• Commercial Rights: establishes criteria for the protection and exploitation of commercial rights and conditions for broadcasting and re-broadcasting Cup events.

• Social campaigns: authorizes the dissemination of social campaigns during the matches, such as: for a world without weapons, drugs, violence and racism.

registrado em:
Assunto(s): Governo federal